November 29, 2007

STILL WAITING

Saw my Lyme doctor today.

My liver enzymes are finally starting to come down. PTL. However, it is not adequately recovered to resume any course of treatment. So things will remain at a standstill for an additional 2 weeks for sure. I am not overly disappointed by this as treatment makes me so much sicker and gimpier than normal.

And, still NO BC test results... however my doctor just kept shaking his head in exasperation in regards to the fact that I am even holding my breath over these BC tests coming back positive…he kept reminding me that the BC tests are notoriously inept and erroneous and to quit wasting my time and to just get my American lab tests done pronto…

...and I was like, I know, I know but my WHOLE church is praying for my BC test…he just smiled and said it’d be a miracle…

Yes, yes, it would...

BUT, whether my test renders a "positive" result or not, we are still stuck in a medical stand still due to my poor, sad, and exhausted liver, so...

We definitely feel like we are at a crossroads in our journey....

What to do...Where to go...I don't know...But I do know that God is sovereign over the outcome...sure, I would love for my BC test to be positive - it would be such an "obvious" miracle and a fabulously dramatic result... however God doesn't need big dramatic outcomes to bring glory to His name...

over the last couple of weeks, in my devotions, I've kept stumbling upon all those times that Jesus miraculously healed people...

...I know that he has promised me that I will be well again and I don't doubt that he will heal me...

We will be meeting with the elders on Sunday at 11:30am to have them pray over me again...

…I believe that healing is just around the corner...it will be interesting to see just how that will look....

No comments: