April 13, 2007

ONE THING I KNOW

I don't know why God created ticks.

I don’t know why something so tiny and inconspicuous can possess the power to radically alter one’s life.

I don’t know why I had to go undiagnosed so long. If caught early, Lyme disease is easily treated and cured but when left undiagnosed indeterminately, aggressive, long term treatment is required and one is given ‘no medical guarantees’ of a cure.

I don’t know when or how God will answer our prayers for healing.

I don’t know all the answers to my questions of why and how.

But the one thing I do know is that I can unequivocally and unreservedly Trust God.

Despite how my circumstances may appear, He has not failed me nor abandoned me. In fact, He has been my stronghold in the middle of this nightmare; His word and promises my only hope and comfort.

And in my darkest moments, when I feel like I do not have the strength or even the desire to endure one more minute of this hell, He is the one who gives me the strength and courage to persevere. His presence in my life is a tangible force that lifts me above and beyond the impossible.

So while I wait in this indeterminate space between despair and hope, waiting for health and life to be restored, the one thing I know is that He can be Trusted with the outcome. He is always present. Without fail. He has never let me down.

My TRUST promises…

Proverbs 3: 5&6

"TRUST God from the bottom of your heart;
Don’t try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
He’s the one who will keep you on track
Don’t assume that you know it all.
Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health,
Your very bones will vibrate with life!"

Isaiah 52:12

"But you don’t have to be in a hurry.
You’re not running from anybody!
God is leading you out of here,
And the God of Israel is also your rear guard."

Hebrews 11:1-4

"The fundamental fact of existence is that this TRUST in God, this faith, is the firm foundation under everything that makes life worth living. It’s our handle on what we can’t see."


No comments: