August 16, 2009

BACK TO THE FEARLESS FRONT


i'm working at a return to the fearless front.
didn't know there was one to return to?
me either
er, well i did
i just forgot about it

let me explain
once upon a time
a long time ago
when i first went public with my blog
i tried to do an entry every Sunday called
"this week on the fearless front"
it's not often that i am well enough to join my family in church
so Sunday mornings often finds me home alone
in order to make it a 'special' day
and different in respect to my standard daily devotions
i intentionally focus on the fearless aspect of my trust journey

somehow
along the way
blogging about the fearless front was lost
an unintentional casualty of the realities of living with lyme;

lost to the challenge of brain fog
lost to the challenge of endless weeks of herxing
lost to an endless list of challenges

and
lost to the ever present challenge of finding fearlessness and choosing hope
in the midst of a time of perpetual night

however
my recent God-inspired collision with courage
happened to jog my memory about this whole business of fearlessness
after all
fear has no business encroaching on my journey
no matter how dark, painful and hopeless it can leave me feeling

The LORD is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the defense of my life;
Whom shall I dread?
When evildoers came upon me to devour my flesh,
My adversaries and my enemies, they stumbled and fell.
Though a host encamp against me,
My heart will not fear;
Though war arise against me,
In spite of this I shall be confident.

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD
In the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the LORD. - psalm 27:1-3,11-14(NASB)

trust in God
faith in God
hope in God
are foundational to my life and my journey


"Faith (Trust) in God generates courage to face facts and deal with reality. True faith acknowledges the facts but recognizes that God’s truth supersedes worldly facts, and that faith-full action can change things.


Faith (Trust) in God generates the courage to look at the hopelessness of circumstances and yet remain expectant and hope-filled that God will provide a way."


my blog is titled
"ticks and trust - fighting lyme with a fearless heart"
courage is a synonym for fearless
yet somehow i never ever equated my trust journey with courage
isn't that strange?


funny how when God gives you a divinely inspired word
you begin to see it and experience it

in everything i do
everywhere i go
and everywhere i look
i find courage

it's in so many of the verses that have
comforted, inspired and kept me sane
over the past 3 years
it's on the homepage of my blog
it's even in the song
that inspired part of my blog title
"fighting lyme with a fearless heart"


(FEARLESS HEART - Point of Grace)

For even the most trusting soul
This world can be a scary place
So much that we can't control
In every moment that we face

When a thousand what ifs
Whisper in our ears
We remember who's we are
And watch them disappear

I wanna live with a fearless heart
Courage that's coming from trust in God
It's constantly guiding me though the road may seem dark
I wanna live, wanna live with a fearless heart

There are worries chasing everyone
It's evident in times like these
But I have found the confidence that comes
From time I spend on my knees

There's a truth I'm holding onto
As these days unfold
Greater is He, that is in you
Than he that's in the world

I wanna live with a fearless heart
Courage that's coming from trust in God
It's constantly guiding me though the road may seem dark
I wanna live, wanna live with a fearless heart

He's my strength, He's my shelter
He is with me all the way
He's my light and my salvation
Of whom shall I be afraid, of whom shall I be afraid?


i'm getting back to the fearless front
after all,
focusing on what God has to say about it
is what
gives me the courage to fight lyme with a fearless heart

remind me if i forget!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Shannon!

I think you're doing great!

I am learning that this battle is not going to be a fast faught one!

I agree we need to keep our focus on the Lord and trust in him!

Thank God we're not alone on this journey!! I just don't know how I would do this without faith to hang tightly to!!
Hugs btrflynana

Renee said...

Your courage is amazing, Shannon and your faith a testimony for us all. You continue to be in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thank You for posting your journey of courage. Your words and the words of the song, and the scriptures remind me to Fear Not and to be courageous. You are a beacon of light pointing others to the Light of the World.
Love & Blessings Betty