August 23, 2009

THIS WEEK ON THE FEARLESS FRONT


so i'm just one week into my return to blogging about the fearless front on Sundays'
yet here it is 10:45pm sunday nite
and
i haven't posted yet

oh dear!
night tme is not my best time for deep thinking!

mornings are better
however
my family stayed home from church this morning
which was wonderful
lovely to have their company
but not so conducive to quiet, contemplative thinking

this afternoon my buddy (& fellow lymie) Peter dropped by
he brought me some of my favorite chips
such a nice guy!
graham and i both appreciate what a thoughtful friend he is

Peter taught me how to "Twitter" today
so i guess
"i'm tweeting" now
maybe or maybe not
the whole thing confuses me
but
i refuse to be too scared to try!

yes.
i have courage to try twitter
if you are a fellow tweeter, you can find me on twitter as trust358


anyhow
fearless twittering aside
another week of fighting lyme lays before me
many of you have asked whether or not i am on abx
i am NOT.
DR H still has me OFF of all abx (both oral and IV)
currently, i am on that pre-digested goo he prescribed
as well as a detox protocol that includes a lovely buffet of 85 pills a day
but NO abx
however
i am anticipating that that may soon change... given that my both my babs symptoms are returning and my lyme arthritis is steadily getting stronger
i have a phone consult with DR H on thursday to discuss this and make a game plan for my next step in this fight.

i read the following devotional this week and it was great to be reminded to keep believing that my break through is coming, keep trusting that my healing IS coming....it could just be around the corner - the only way i'll find out is if i continue to fearlessly fight lyme.

“…He said to the paralytic, ‘I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.’ Immediately he arose, took up the bed, and went out in the presence of them all, so that all were amazed and glorified God, saying, ‘We never saw anything like this!’” (Mark 2:10b-12, NKJ).

In Mark chapter two, the Bible talks about a man who was paralyzed. He heard that Jesus was in town teaching at another house and knew that He could heal him. The paralyzed man convinced four of his friends to carry him on his bed over to where Jesus was. When they arrived, the house was so packed that they couldn’t get in. Do you know what happened next? Instead of just giving up and going home, the man was so determined to get his miracle that he convinced his friends to climb up on the roof, cut a hole in it, and lower him down to where Jesus was!
Now this man understood that you are closest to your victory when you face the greatest opposition. A lot of people would have just given up. They would have seen the crowd and gone home—even though they were just a few feet away from their miracle. Don’t let that be you! What are you believing for? Don’t give up just because there is opposition. Don’t let others discourage you from seeing your miracle. Keep pressing through today because you are closer than you think to the victory God has in store for you!

Prayer for This Week:

Heavenly Father, today I release all of my cares and anxieties on You. I trust that my breakthrough is coming. I choose to press in and stand strong. I believe Your Word, and I believe that You will reward me as I diligently seek after You. In Jesus’ Name. Amen. (source found here)





1 comment:

Renee said...

Oh I really needed to hear this devotional, Shannon... Two new health issues have arisen and I have been wanting to give up. I have been anxious, angry, and feeling helpless with intensive bone pain and problems detoxing making it worse. THIS was sent for me to hear too....Isn't God amazing. This past week he sent me within 12 hours 3 devotionals that spoke about surrendering to him. One I want to share as it goes with your Ticks adn TRUST title..
It came from Daily Guideposts.

TRUST:

Total
Rest,
Unconditional
Surrender
Today

So glad you were able to get out. Yesterday Joel and I went to outdoor church together. We sat in our van, but could see and hear the whole service. We did this two years ago too....and it was soooo wonderful to be back "at church". I have not been able to go to church in at least 7 yrs.
Today reading your post gave me strength to keep fighting...to realize we are close to a victory!!!! I am printing it off and sharing it with Joel, and putting it in my memory box as a reminder of God's goodness and love~ giving us the desire of our hearts....
Gentle hugs
Renee