November 25, 2008

'TIS THE SEASON

'TIS THE SEASON FOR BASKETBALL!

Burnett Breakers -Senior Boys Basketball - 2008/2009

FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!


Taylor's season opener game was last night! Yahoo! I love basketball! I love watching my boy on the court even more. This year he is playing senior ball. Senior basketball is a whole new level of play. The boys are HUGE - most of the team is over 6 feet tall, well over 6 feet! The games draw big crowds, we have to PAY to watch him play, and his team will be playing 4 games a week plus play in tournaments every weekend. Fun! Exciting! Crazy! Exhausting!

Last year the Burnett Breakers were a force to be reckoned with. They placed first in our city (Richmond). The were the Regional (Vancouver and Districts) Champions. Winning that division qualified them to play in the Provincial Playoffs. They placed 6th in the province overall!

GO BREAKERS GO!


We are anticipating an exciting basketball season for this year! Their team is even stronger and we are expecting big things from them. I have no doubt that they will qualify for the Provincials again this year - which will be very exciting as the Senior Boys Provincial Championships are held in the Agrodome at the PNE! woot woot! Of course, I shouldn't get ahead of myself by making such lofty predictions however they have had a very promising start to their season. Last night, they annihilated their competition 118 to 34.


It's a bird, it's a plane, it's T flying down the court



T in his 'magic zone' - The 3 point line



T about to get his 8th steal of the game

Our whole family loves going to Taylor's games. Avery LOVES to cheer Taylor on. And Parker is an intense fan who often takes the team's loss harder than the guys themselves do. He also enjoys hitting the court at half time where he quickly captures the rapt attention of the crowd with his uncanny ability to "SWISH" shot after shot. My folks, Graham's mom, Dick and Tina (special friends who are family to us) are often in attendance too. Of course, we make them all sit in the "rowdy section" of the bleachers. Graham generally tries to sit some distance from ALL of us as he finds our boisterous cheering a little too loud. I prefer to sit WITH my husband so I honestly try to curb my noise level!

And of course, I do try to reign in my enthusiasm so as not to embarrass my great big 6'1" Baby Boy!

The classic 'Pained Smile'
Aw, mom, not another picture...this is so embarrassing.

I am the proud mom. I am the #1 fan. I am the paparrazi!
I relish every moment and I cherish each time that I am well enough to make it.



No comments: