September 17, 2008

SPENDING TIME WITH MARIE

It's been a difficult day on many fronts.

Physically, I am not doing well at all right now. Last night I had another gall bladder attack and then spent a sleepless night due to intense joint pain and stiffness, arrhythmias and a plethora of other symptoms. Needless to say this morning was pretty rough and I wasn't able to get out of our hotel room until mid afternoon. We had plans to drive into Half Moon Bay today to see the McQuhae family. I really wanted to see Marie and spend time with her so we set off for a little visit as soon as I could get up and moving.

Both Graham and I were glad that we could go and spend a couple of hours with Jay, Susan and Marie. Marie and I spent several hours lying in bed together laughing and crying. And talking about God and the challenge of persevering in your faith in the face of this heinous, never ending disease. Marie is still in such rough shape and I hurt for her. I hurt for her parents and the darkness of their situation.

I have done a lot of crying today. I am both physically and emotionally exhausted.

It's been a difficult yet good day.

Sometimes hope and despair can become so intricately intertwined it is difficult to seperate one from the other.


Some days I am overwhelmed with the depravity of this disease.

Today, was one of those days.


No comments: