August 13, 2008

GOING TO THE ZOO-ZOO-ZOO

YES! I DID IT! I MADE IT TO THE ZOO TODAY!

A lofty aspiration is realized, a dream becomes reality!

A family tradition we have is to head down to the Seattle Zoo each summer. It's a fabulous zoo, well worth the trek. We've created a lot of fabulous memories there. Last summer, I was far too ill to go, so Graham went alone with Parker and Avery - Taylor stayed behind to keep me company.

It was really difficult to be left behind...however, I figured that by next summer this journey would be a distant memory.

Yeah. Right. Little did I know.
I just couldn't bear to miss going again this year. So against all odds, I made it today!


We had a great day.


We explored.


We learned.


We imagined.


We laughed.


And laughed some more.


We discovered how turtles mate.


We trembled.


We nearly passed out from the stench of the elephants.




We escaped.



No comments: